A bit about Solibri: (like Navisworks you import models and files from other programs), you can examine clashes between models, it uses the IFC model format, you can examine model integrity, it is a rules based software, you can examine naming conventions or adherence to other standards.
Interesting fact about Qatar, the government provides city wide chilled water. Qatar has an estimated 200 years of Natural Gas reserves.
While the showing off of projects are a staple of many a SCRUG meeting, the real meat is showing off features in the software and teaching how to make it happen. Marcello Sgambelluri provided a work in progress version of his next AU presentation.
- Create moving pictures in your Revit model
- Grab and change parameters
- Pick an edge that Revit won't let you pick
- Create complex geometry
- Eliminate "work arounds"
- Access ALL of Revit's parameters
- Reorder things
- Renumber things
- Create sheets from an Excel spreadsheet
- Create rebar inside a concrete column and schedule them
- Attach a beam to the underside of a curve - and update it automatically