Thursday, November 26, 2009

California License fee increase

Anthony Lum,
I am opposed to the increase in fee. The stated reason for the increase is increased work imposed by the continuing education requirement. Added continuing education is not necessary to protect the public. The public is rarely harmed as evidenced by the few number of disciplinary actions taken by your office. Architects are already bound by law to design for accessibility. To require additional continuing education is a slap in the face of the profession.

Please rescind the fee increase and rescind the continuing education requirement.

Sincerely,

Architect
CA License Number

5 comments:

Architect said...

http://www.cab.ca.gov/board/proposed_regulations.shtml
This is the link to the new regulation to increase the fee for licenses in California

Architect said...

The State Replied to my comment. Essentially, they replied that they would consider my comment.

CaliforniaArchitectCE.com said...

The good news is that the renewal fee increase was rolled back from the intial $400, to $350, and finally settled on $300.

As for continuing ed, it was imposed on the board by legislation that CAB actually opposed.

Anonymous said...

Plеaѕе lеt me knoω іf you're looking for a writer for your site. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd rеаlly
liκe to wrіte some mаteгiаl for your blog in eхchange for a link
baсκ to mіne. Please blaѕt me аn e-mail if interеsted.

Cheeгs!

Feel fгee to viѕit my sіte; http://Mails-world.com/AshleyMcn

Anonymous said...

really appealing, thanks so much!

Here is my page ... xerox phaser 8560

Podcast with some architecture content...

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/chris-ganiere